Kern County Sheriff's Office Cadet Unit #519 is recruiting!!!
The Kern County Sheriff’s Office Cadet Unit (formerly Explorer Post) is designed to provide an insight into the world of law enforcement, whether the participant chooses law enforcement as a career or not.
Recruiting Event Information
When: Saturday, May 15th @ 8 am
Where: Standard Middle School 1222 N. Chester Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93308
What to expect: At this event, you will:
- Take a basic written test
- Participate in an oral interview
- Participate in a basic physical agility test
Please arrive in interview attire and bring a change of clothes for the physical agility portion. This process should take 3-4 hours
Unit Membership Requirements:
- Must be between ages 15 and 21
- Must have no warrants and no felony record
- Must be enrolled in school with a minimum grade point average of 2.0, maintain at least a “C” average in ALL classes or have a job
- Must contribute at least 12 hours a month to meetings and events
- Applicants who successfully complete the application process will be invited to become probationary cadet.
- For more information or to RSVP, call/text 661-335-2483 or email pilkington @kernsheriff.org